Let’s forget the troubles of the world and walk into our warm bookish universe. Book reviews, aesthetics, and more.
Annyeong, all my kdrama chingudeul. Let’s together obsess and love k-everything. Also, join me on my journey to learn Korean.
Navigate adulting and emotional well-being with my honest and introspective writing. Notes to self lists, letters and life lessons!
Relate with, laugh at and find comfort in my illustrations and short stories. It’s like cute and aesthetic children’s books but for adults.
- Who do we spend the most amount of our time with?I was watching an interesting YouTube video about life being short and how to spend our limited time, and there I stumbled across an interesting chart – data on who we spend our time with across different social groups (family, friends, partner, coworkers, etc.) and how that changes over time.… Continue reading Who do we spend the most amount of our time with?
- Book Review: I Want to Die But I Want to Eat TteokbokkiWhat this book is: A part memoir, part self-help book A book translated from Korean to English by Anton Hur A book where the author, Baek Se-Hee, is being as vulnerable as one can be while knowing it may not be well received What this book is not: A good-feel… Continue reading Book Review: I Want to Die But I Want to Eat Tteokbokki
- Weather is no small talkI take the weather very personally, as a poet, as a person. I know people usually speak of the weather why they want to small talk but unpopular opinion: Talking about the weather can be a very intimate experience. … Continue reading Weather is no small talk
- Insurance Companies: Leave Me Alone, Please!Like a responsible 25-year-old adult, I decided to finally look into life insurance. So, on this rare morning when I feel like I have my life together, I decide to check what the premium of a life insurance policy for me will be. I go to two of the most… Continue reading Insurance Companies: Leave Me Alone, Please!
- Happy Women’s Day: Things I want to tell women as a womanI struggled for a long time to consider myself as a woman and not a girl because we just call each other girls despite our age. As if being a woman is old and sad? But boys can’t wait to become men. Or do you have to shoulder great responsibilities… Continue reading Happy Women’s Day: Things I want to tell women as a woman
- My Self-Care MenuHere are a few items on my self-care menu that help me get through life even when it feels like it is falling apart. … Continue reading My Self-Care Menu
- Being cool about not being coolThe summer I was sixteen, this boy I was friends with and liked told me, ‘I can’t be friends with someone who is sad six days and happy one day.’ Soon after, he ghosted me. That was the first time someone ghosted me, and sadly, I can’t say it was… Continue reading Being cool about not being cool